Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ryan Leslie's "Just Right"

"After many of my songs began to leak into the blogosphere, I decided to go back into the studio and add a few elements to make the album versions of the records special. This clip opens with me playing back an extended instrumental arrangement of I-R-I-N-A with some overdubs by my man Jermaine Parrish on drums and Al Carty on bass.

Inspired, I decided to re-visit one of my favorite songs called 'Just Right'. Here's a look at that session. I had to rebuild it from scratch as one of my hard drives had crashed and many sessions had been lost. I love the new elements, and here's to you loving them too...

For everyone that's been asking, I'll be releasing the album in February. The main reason why it's been pushed back is very simple: I need more exposure! The two singles that I have released have been very well received. "Addiction" has been my biggest one - it's the first to have broken 1M plays on my myspace page and the 'making of' video has over 800K views... Despite this, I have yet to cross over onto the top songs on Billboard's Hot 100 chart!

The additional time will allow me to present another music video (maybe two - I'm fronting the cost) and continue making a few stops around the country and abroad with my band campaigning for my artistry! It also gives you more time to introduce me to your friends and family (and your local radio station).

I put these videos up so that you can have something to share! If seeing me go crazy to these songs entertains you, inspires you, or just makes you smile - pass it on!"

No comments: